Monday, February 16, 2015

MBFW BERLIN FASHION WEEK: DAY 2

fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois
So finally continuing with my fashion week diary series. Uni is killing my vibe, my energy and my happy spirit. But what can I do. PS.: I just got the news that I passed my first exam.
Let me take you into my crazy adventures of Day 2 at Berlin Fashion Week.
fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois lois opoku fashion week lisforlois

REBEKKA RUETZ

My first show of Day 2 was Rebekka Ruetz. It has somewhat become a tradition, that I attend it with my best friend Louisa every single season. Our love for her show seem to flactuate almost predictable. One season we love it (like last year), the next we don't. This season neither of us dug it. The collection and the pieces were all over the place, a lot of the accessorizing and utilising of chains, too much for my taste. Prints, metallic material, fake fur, leather, chains - it just has too much going on for me. Although there was one jumper that was 100% me. It was the right mix of oversize, leather trims, asymmetric hems and fake fur. And I'd wear my heart out of it.
The makeup instantly reminded me of Lady Gaga's Art Pop video. One positive thing about Rebekka Ruetz show though was the statement she made in her finale. She swore to use fake fur and fake fur only. And her fake fur looks great! You couldn't tell that no animal had to die for the sake of fashion by looking at it.

BEAUTY LOUNGE - MARIOTT HOTEL
berlin fashion week beauty lounge berlin fashion week beauty lounge berlin fashion week beauty lounge lois opoku vip beauty lounge berlin fashion week lisforlois vip beauty lounge berlin fashion week lisforlois
There is always one day during fashion week my make up is on point. It's the day I visit the Beauty Lounge at the Mariott Hotel. I've been so lucky to have met Oxana Baumgart. She's been doing my make up for almost three years now and every season we create a different look. This time we went for a full on glam golden eye make up look, because I wanted to look a little more glam for the Stylight Awards.
Luckily my babe Shery's and my appointments were at the same time, so she could fill me in on all her boy man drama from the previous night's encounter with Mr. X at the 3 Türken und 1 Baby aftershow party. Getting pampered is only fun with your girl!

STYLIGHT

Stylight on the other hand was a complete let down. I was looking forward to celebrating the night of the bloggers. But it had an organisational incompetence and failure to a degree I have never seen before. More than 500-800 people waiting outside in the raining cold already when I arrived at 10 past 7.30pm thinking I was late.
The only reason I was still waiting in that cold was because I was 3 steps from the front of the line from the very beginning (Ina had resevered a spot for me in line when she arrived at 7.) and by the time I decided I'd had enough and I started to feel very disrespectfully treated, I was already missing the Dimitri show. Yet I waited another hour just to find out later the show had already begun inside. And I cannot tell who exactly these people were that had the audacity to cut the line in groups of no little than 6 claiming to be I don't know who. Hours passed and still no word from inside. The people in line started harassing the poor door men, who were simply following instruction. Some bloggers actually travelled all the way to Berlin to be here.
I don't know who messed up the guestlist (mind you I even got a confirmation mail) by +500 invites than the capacity of the location allowed.
A little update from a Stylight member was all I was asking for. I mean it's fashion week, I've got a full schedule and with a little timely heads up I could have just went to my next event or in this case make it back in time to Dimitri.
Of course everyone inside claimed to have the time of their lives, even the ones that waited outside forever and finally made it in. I guess everyone is easily pulled into the pink bubble and a master of deception living that filtered Instagram live...
Kudos to all the bloggers who did not shy away from complaining and voicing their opinion.
Very disappointed in Stylight, especially because my previous experience with working with them, also on a photoshoot they made me feel very appreciated, warm and welcome.

DIMITRI
dimitri berlin fashion week runway gif
Meanwhile I was standing out in the cold I had my brother and his date (imagine sitting second row as part of your first date.. This boy got moves ;) ) cover the Dimitri show for me. These are videos he sent me. I made them into little gifs.
Dimitri again was not a let down. The collection is amazing and I'm loving the color palette and materials he's worked with for this collection. It is very Dimitri.
I shouldn't have missed this for anything in the world...
My full collection review and gifs here.

USM x FvF x BLESS

So after being annoyed and finally getting the rude message that Stylight had begun, Joeva and me made our way to the USM x Freunde von Freunde supported by Bless party. I already missed the Sleek Magazine parfume reveal, but we arrived in Mitte and for the first time that day it felt like we could take a moment to chill, have a drink and warm up after freezing our asses off in the cold. USM was celebrating their 50th anniversary and the beginning of the project50 campaign with a video launch. The designer duo from Bless was responsible for turning the Münzsalon into a little interior installation. Joeva and me sat down in a 2000€ swing which was part of the collaboration. That thing was hella comfy! Music that night by Schwarz Don't Crack.

HOUSE OF VANS
house of vans berlin 2015 house of vans berlin 2015 house of vans berlin 2015 house of vans berlin 2015 house of vans berlin 2015
Our night ended at the House of Vans Party. It was my first time attending, because the last years, by the time the House of Vans Party came around, I was hitting my peek of my energy level and always needed a night off. I planned on going for just 2 hours, but Joeva's friends from Beatzhoven were on the DJ set and we kinda partied all night. Plus we snuck my friend Giulia into the party, after it being full. It was definitely a funny night. I didn't even care that I was totally overdressed to a sneaker party. We partied till the police came and had to break off the party.
Put House of Vans on your Fashion Week Have To Attend list.

So happy the night turned around into a good one.
fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois fashion week streetstyle winter Lois Opoku lisforlois
Jacket I Jacke: H&M
Coat I Mantel: H&M Trend
Shoes I Schuhe: THANKS TO Wallis
Dress I Kleid: H&M Trend
Bag I Tasche: Michael Kors THANKS TO Designer Outlet Berlin



Love Lois xxx

2 comments:

Go ahead and make my day :) Thank you for all your amazing comments! I read each and everyone of them xxx Love Lois